Friday, July 30, 2010

Say it aint Stro's......


With the Houston Astros being my 3rd favorite MLB team, I felt obligated to write about the recent hijackings from the Al Queda's (NY and Philly) of baseball. (I also promised a good bud of mine that I would). Yes, I understand that Oswalt requested a trade. But really? The Phillies? Oh, I'm sorry it's been a whole...9 months since you've made it to the world series?! Guess you just had to go out and add another ace to the rotation. I don't even have to get into how unfair that it is for Philly to go out and throw Happ and some no names at the Astros in return for Oswalt. And Houston even paid $11 million of Oswalts salary! WTF! Its like the hooker paying you! Then theres the Berkman thing. Its that time of year again when the Yankees come a' callin'. Throwing 2 no name pitchers to Houston that will probably never get out of Round Rock or sniff Minute Maid in exchange for the face of the franchise in Berkman. Now here's why this is stupid. Berkman knows he'll be back next season, Houston is home. As a matter of fact, he's planning on crashing on Pettites couch for the few months that he's in NY. So is New York really in that bad of shape? They already have Nick Johnson (virtually the same player minus being a switch hitter) coming back from the DL but they felt the need to add Berkman too? I hate how the Wal Mart of professional baseball adds another all star to the roster for a few months just to make a title run.....again. Just to let them walk the next season (just like Philly letting Cliff Lee walk 2 seasons ago). Good for the evil empires, bad for the league.

Yankees Starters:
C Jorge Posa
1B Mark Texiera
2B Robinson Cano
SS Derek Jeter
3B Alex Rodriguez*
LF Brett Gardner
CF Curtis Granderson
RF Nick Swisher
DH Lance Berkman

Phillie Top of Rotation:
Roy Halladay
Cole Hamels
Roy Oswalt

......I just threw up in my mouth. Sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment