Saturday, August 21, 2010

Make It Happen


I've read and heard a lot of motivational things in the past few years. Whether it be a Joel Olsteen book, work training, or a movie. What usually happens is that I get really pumped the few hours afterwards thinking I'm going to change the world, but the feeling is gone the next day or I just simply forget. Come to think of it, the same thing happens after leaving Church. The service will be awesome and full of messages that I swear are directed only to me. But by Monday, it's not even a thought. Why is that? Is it because of the constant negativity brought on by the news, bills, or anything else life can bring? Is it easier to throw in the towel and just settle for whats going on? Or is it because I'm just too tired of the constant line of obstacles that are tossed in front of me? I've always thought of myself as something more than just working for the man or giving into the common lifestyle. But it's so easy to get sucked in. This is what makes the world go round. The "normals" are chilling, living a mediocre life and settling for a job that they hate, but do it because its all they know. But then theres those that make it happen and use their knowledge of the common man, then do what it takes to make the common man's life better, therefore increasing the quality of his/her own life (write that down). These are people that know their potential and decide to take advantage of it.

This past week has been interesting. I feel that I'm right on the cusp of something big. Something life changing. Something positive. I just have to keep a positive attitude. I've come too far and I'm too awesome to not be great. My family deserves it, and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment