Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pfffft.....Music these days......


Word on the streets is that most of the major music labels will be going under soon....

"Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke is warning the music industry is on the brink of collapse, insisting young musicians should resist signing record deals because the major labels will “completely fold” within months."

Here's a wacky idea, stop producing music that sucks! I have the perfect place to start for you big record labels.....taking notes?......get rid of Miley Sirus. Take your horse teeth and move on, You're a B-Spears train wreck in training. You call that music.....or talent for that matter? Then lets go ahead and cut Justin Beiber while we're at it and any other gimmicks that you have in mind in the comprehensive business plan. Dont get me wrong, I love to get crunk to Weezy, Jay Z, T.I., Drake etc. But Im not always at a lounge to drink red bull and vodka to those beats these days. I need less about how you're stuntin, less about your stacks, and less about how many hoes you got lined up.

Country music I wont spend too much time on. The 90's country music was the best, hands down. Hasnt been the same since. Really Tim McGraw? You remember when a coke was a coke and a screw was a screw? Well I remember when country music was good. Seriously, how does that song actually get recorded and put on an album...blows my mind. Yo T-Graw, you're actually a better actor than artist.....just sayin'. The Blind Sind was decent stuff.

Todays Rock Music is buhhh-rutal these days too. Really Hinder? Really Three Days Grace? I need more Incubus, Jimmy Eat World, System of a Down. Wheres the music that actually sounds good and has substance and a message? The 70's are a good example. Led Zeppelin, Boston, Journey, Beatles, AC-DC, Rush....what do these bands have in common? Its called staying power, learn about it today's bands!

Moral of the story, Music needs to be more than just something to party to. Give me something that opens my mind and makes me feel alive. Give me something with heart and soul and makes me think. (If you really want to do some heavy thinking, listen to Sigur Ros or Explosions in the Sky. If you dont figure some things out after listening to that, then you need to check your pulse). Get creative with the sounds and lyrics and maybe......if you have a brain and you're truly an artist......write your own lyrics from time to time! Yes, Im sure some of your heads explode when asked to do that, but remember how talented you are (rolls eyes)? Im sure you can do it........

Now go surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment