Saturday, October 23, 2010

Rangers Win The Pennant!


So we've done it! Arod finally came through for us and took a K looking to send the Rangers to the World F'ng Series. This blows any Cowboys super bowl or Mavs finals run out of the water. The Cowboys were winning when I was too young to appreciate it and the Mavs have been relevant the past 10 seasons so it was bound to happen. But the Rangers......the Texas Rangers, finally got it done. After years of suffering and watching top prospects and great players come and go, they finally came through. Because my mind is going 100 mph and I cant put solid sentences together to write paragraphs that make any sense, I'll put my thoughts in list form. In no particular order, here's my observations of the Rangers franchise and this magical season:

1. Not to take ANYTHING away from this team, but this one's for Juan Gonzalez, Dean Palmer, Julio Franco, Geno Petralli, Steve Beuchele, Rafael Palmeiro, Pudge Rodriguez, Rusty Greer, Kevin Elster, and Mark Mclemore. These are players I grew up watching at Arlington Stadium and the Ballpark in Arlington. I bet these guys are pumped to see Texas finally make it.

2. The yankee fans are a joke and a disgrace. Why would anybody (cliff lee) want to go there and deal with that. I don't care how many statues are beyond the outfield wall, F that team.

3. Mitch Moreland was the best call up of the entire season. Great on Defense and he's had some huge at bats. Chris Davis can crush in the minor leagues but the guy strikes out more than some tool in an affliction shirt at Ghost Bar.

4. Throughout the Ron Washington coke deal, the bankruptcy, the lengthy Nolan/Greenberg thing, and the injuries.....this season was full of drama. I commend the team for sticking with it. Makes for a great story if we can win the whole thing.

5. Just wear the white uniforms at home.

6. It was so awesome to see us win the pennant at home. The fans were going INSANE! Too bad we cant see that same enthusiasm at the AAC or Cowboys stadium, i dont get it.

7. Rangers have the best Home Run celebration in the game. "The Natural" music with fireworks everywhere!

8. Tampa Bay reallllly messed up by mocking the Claw and Antlers thing. TBS caught it on camera a few times and they paid for it in that joke of a stadium in game 5.

9. Cruz can absolutely crush. I cant remember an at bat where he didn't hit a lazer. I just hopes he doesn't go up thinking home run every a.b. in the world series.

10. I've been wanting a SF new era hat for a while but I'll have to hold up on that.

11. TBS broadcasters were awful!!! So obviously rooting for the yankees in games 1-5. It wasn't funny.

12. Nolan holding up the ALCS trophy was the moment that tears filled my eyes. I love that guy. I remember watching him pitch at the old stadium and he would drop curse words after every pitch that wasn't a strike. Classic!

13. Start Vlad, sit Murphy on the road this series.....maybe. I haven't figured that out yet.

14. Cliff Lee is absolutely amazing. He is easily the most clutch Dallas athlete since Troy Aikman. But I'd have to give the edge to Cliff. I keep waiting for someone to hit him hard but it never happens. It blows my mind, he's like a machine.

15. We should be the favorites in this series. But we've been there before. Mavs were the favorites in '06 vs. the Heat, and we all know what happened then.

16. It feels so good for one of our Dallas teams to finally come through. After all the years of heartbreaking chokes, we finally got a team that got it done.

17. The key difference between us and the competition this year, the Rangers actually swing the bat. Other teams are looking to walk while we put up crooked numbers on the scoreboard inning after inning. Combine that with the aggressive base running, we're tough to beat.

18. Yankees payroll was $152 million higher that ours. Yet we dominated them in every aspect of the game. Sorry yankees and phillies, your evil plan backfired. So suck it NY Daily News writer of this article. (For those of you not familiar with the way this works, click on the words "this article".

19. Bring on the Giants.

2 comments:

  1. Fello Texan and long-time baseball buddy, very well done. F-them Yanks and their fans, bring on "The Beard" and those Giants. The Giants/Phillies series was a weird one for me as I found myself routing for the Giants and a guy I used to play against when we were 15 & 16 in Cody Ross, but now, he's the enemy once again.

    -Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, don't forget the warm-up/intro music by one of the greatest bands of all time:

    The Who - Eminence Front

    ReplyDelete